Want to change your username on Instagram? 🤔 Perhaps you want to use your real name, switch to a business account or just need a rebrand. Then you may be thinking: 🤷🏻♂ “How can I change my Instagram username”?
- How to change your username on Instagram
- Tips for choosing a username on Instagram
- What to do if your Instagram username is already taken?
Well, hold on tight! In this post, we’re going to show you how to change your username on Instagram. (Hint: It’s super easy to do it!)
How to change your username on Instagram #
- Go to your Instagram profile 📲
- Tap on “Edit profile” (it’s the button nested under your bio)
- In the “username” section write your new Instagram username (@username)
- Click “Done” to save the changes
Note: If you don’t want to change your Instagram username, but the display name of your profile you can edit the “Name” field instead.
Tips for choosing a username on Instagram #
Unlike other social media platforms, on Instagram you can change your Instagram username as many times as you want, but you must make sure the username you choose is:
● Unique⚡️ to you and not taken by anyone else
● Not longer than 30 characters
● Only contains letters 🔤 and numbers 🔢, or symbols including “-” and “.”
What to do if your Instagram username is already taken? 🤔 #
Instagram will notify 🚫 you as soon as you submit your request to change your username that your desired name is no longer available.
Then, you can either try to send a message to the account using this username 💌, ask if it’s for sale and offer to purchase it from them or try adding 🔢 numbers and symbols to your username to make it unique.
And that's it! Now you know how to change your username on Instagram.