Instagram Stories are a fun and engaging feature where you can share short-form content (videos, photos and questions) to boost interactions with your followers. What makes stories unique is that they disappear after 24 hours of publishing. Due to that, they’ve really grown in popularity and have carved themselves a reputation for easy, fast and no pressure content.
Are you looking for unique tools to make your Instagram Stories stand out?
We’ve compiled a list of the best Instagram story tools that you can use to make your stories more interesting.
While the Instagram app comes with all the basic tools to create and edit your Stories, using a stand-alone editing tool can make your Stories stand out from the crowd with even more customization! There is a wide range of tools available to edit Stories. Some allow you to add cool backgrounds and text, while others come with complex video editing features.
Here are the 5 best Instagram Story tools you need to try in 2021
For Instagram story editing and animation.
Price: FREE with Pro plan starting from $3.70 per month
- Trim, cut and merge clips
- Resize videos to fit Instagram Stories
- Add light filters to video
- Change background colour
- Add music and sound effects
- Add text and sticker to video
- Add your own fonts & logo
InShot is a complete video editor app that you can use to trim, edit and personalize your Instagram Stories. It also let’s you add music, captions and custom stickers to your videos.
For adding fun graphic elements and stickers.
Price: FREE, with Pro plan starting from $3 per month
- Free and pro Story templates
- Add text and graphics
- Add images and videos
- Search for stock photos
- Add your logos & fonts (pro)
- Collaborate with your team
- Schedule to post on Instagram
- Logo, poster & flyer maker
Over is a design tool for designers, influencers and content creators who want to stand out from the crowd. If you like to supercharge your Insta Stories with custom-designed stickers, filters and text overlays, than you’ll love this app.
Canva Story Maker #
For thousands of free Instagram story templates that match your brand.
Price: FREE (only available on Iphone)
- Stories Editor: 700+ free customizable templates
- Video Editor: trim, stitch, and preview videos
- Create stories, video collages and highlights covers
- Free stock images, icons and stickers
- Add your fonts and colours
- Add animation effects
- Export files in high resolution
- Schedule for auto-posting
- Collaborate with your team
Canva Story Maker is the little sister of Canva which helps you create, edit and publish content for your Instagram Stories. The tool comes with free customizable templates for both image and video stories. Overall, it’s one of the most complete Instagram Story editing tools you can use on your mobile phone.
Adobe Spark #
For text and graphic elements that stand out.
Price: FREE with Pro plans starting from 11.65 per month
- Free Adobe Stock photos library
- 34,000 professionally designed templates
- Add filters, fonts, shapes, and icons
- Automatically sync across mobile and desktop
- Remix your design with your brand colours
- Add animations and effects
- Automatically resize your design
Adobe Spark is a great tool for creating content to be shared across multiple platforms. It’s very similar to Canva in terms of functionality and ease of use. You also get a wide range of free Instagram Stories templates that you can customize. When you opt for their paid plans, you’ll get access to professionally designed templates that you can remix to match your brand colours and fonts.
For clean and minimal content.
Price: FREE, with paid plan starting from $12.99 per month (7 days free trial)
- 200+ templates for Stories
- Edit photos and videos with filters and effects
- Curated fonts and styles
- Export & share your stories
- Custom Brand Kit (colours, fonts and logos) available on paid plans
Unfold allows you to create beautiful stories with a clean and minimalist style. The free version comes with basic templates while the paid plans have additional templates and advanced story editing tools.
With so many different Instagram story tools it’s getting easier to create high-quality content that also is fun to watch. Sometimes, you just have to step outside the Instagram app and look for extra inspiration. We hope you love our app recommendations and let us know if you’ve already tried them.
Like this post? Share it on your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!